Panache: Why did you choose this business or line of work?
Larry: To change people’s lives – health & beauty. To help people who fear the dentist feel comfortable, less fearful & gain trust.
Panache: What is your primary role or duty in your company?
Larry: Owner, dentist, leader – set the tone for a warm, caring, nurturing environment. To set a standard for always growing and learning.
Panache: What sets you apart from your competition?
Larry: Leader in the field of state of the art, high tech dentistry. I treat people with kindness & compassion – the way I would want to be treated.
Panache: What would you be doing now if it weren’t for your business, taking money out of the equation?
Larry: Donating my time and abilities to people who need it. 5 Years ago several of us co-founded Gulf Coast Dental Outreach to help people in need. Now we have over 100 dentists who donate their time for this cause. It has served as an example around the state.
Panache: What do you do for fun?
Larry: Many sports – golf, work out, bike – anything with my family and friends.
Panache: Who or what is most important to you, personally or professionally?
Larry: Balance my life between work, play, family and religion.
Panache: A little secret about you that would shock those who don’t know you!
Larry: For 18 years of my life I spent most of my time working and coaching my 3 son’s baseball and soccer teams (42 teams) in all!
Panache: What are your personal and professional mottos?
Larry: To treat people in a way that I would want to be treated – with caring and excellence. If you are not growing you must be dead.
Panache: When you were five, what was your dream to be when you grew up?
Larry: To be a baseball player or a doctor.
Panache: Have you achieved all or most of your dreams thus far?
Larry: Professionally – I have an incredible profession. I love dentistry and have a great team who feel this way too. We all strive to improve the lives of our patients each and every day.
Personally – I have my health, a wonderful marriage of 32 years, 3 grown fantastic sons – I have surpassed my dreams!!
Dr. Larry Lieberman began his career as a dentist over 30 years ago. After his undergraduate studies at SUNY Cortland, NY he continued his education and graduated from the prestigious NYU College of Dentistry. He furthered his dental training as a resident at Bergen Pines County Hospital, Paramus, NJ. After a few short, snowy winters he moved south and has practiced in the Palm Harbor area for over 24 years.
Dr Lieberman in his commitment to provide the best and most up-to-date care, has a strong belief in continuing education. Yearly he and his staff complete numerous hours of continuing education. He has graduated from the Pankey Institute of Dental Excellence and the Misch Institute for Implantology. Some other institutions of study are:
- Pride Institute for Practice Management
- Seattle Study Club
- Institute of Aesthetic Advantage for Advanced Dental Studies
- Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation
- Various local study groups
- In addition, he has lectured both locally and nationally on subjects such as cosmetic dentistry, practice management, snoring and sleep apnea, nutrition, non-surgical periodontal disease and lasers in dentistry.
- Also important to Dr. Lieberman is his role in the civic and professional community.
- He proudly belongs to:
- American Dental Association
- West Coast Dental Association
- Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Florida Dental Association
- Upper Pinellas Dental Association
- Academy of Laser Dentistry
- Fellow of the American Academy of General Dentistry
- Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantology
- Upper Pinellas Association Peer Review Advisor
- Oldsmar/Palm Harbor Youth League – Baseball and Soccer Coach
- Most recently he became a founding member and co-director of the Gulf Coast Dental Outreach Clinic for adults near or at the poverty level.